INGRADO is Dutch national association with members of the municipalities and diverse regions in the Netherlands. INGRADO brings to the attention the issues of compulsory education and early school leaving in an executive and policy-oriented sense, locally and nationally.
Mission and Vision
INGRADO actively contributes to protecting and strengthening the right to education. The association promotes policies aimed at youth participation in education and work and realizes good conditions to help support the work of its members.
Ingrado wants to realize this mission as follows:
1. Organizing and realizing a strong national position and contribution in the field of school absenteeism and early school leaving in the broadest sense.
2. Ensuring policy formation by promoting active participation of members, and bundling and translating signals from implementation to policy themes.
3. Being a professional partner for national organizations and chain partners.
4. Initiating and contributing to quality development and quality assurance of service.
5. Contributing to and promoting an integral approach to school absenteeism and early school leaving.
6. Providing professional services to members such as education, research, policy support, external representation and stakeholder representation.
7. Giving information on relevant developments via newsletters, website, bulletins, reports.
8. Supporting members through services such as advice on the application and interpretation of legislation in the field of compulsory education and early school leaving.
Context of good practice
Services of Ingrado
As a broad branch organization for compulsory education and RMC (early school leaving),Ingrado can be contacted with questions from members, chain partners and other relationships. Members have advantages over non-members, including:
• First of all, all developments in the field of compulsory education and RMC
• Legal advice via email email@example.com
• Workshops and lectures during Ingrado meetings (on the agenda you will find the latest info)
• Three times a year Ingrado magazine
• Two-week newsletter with the latest developments regarding the right to education
Ingrado wants to enable exchange of knowledge by making annual reports of municipalities and regional offices accessible to its members. The annual reports are available as download via the website.
As of January 1, 2016, all job placement officers and RMC staff can, by registering in the quality register, show that they are professional in the social domain for quality and that they are working on keeping track of their professional knowledge.
Main characteristics of the challenge, description of the target group
Ingrado is an association with members of the municipalities and RMC regions. On a national level, the Supervisory Board appoints the association where the statutes, the mission and the business plan are leading.
Who works at Ingrado?
There are 10 people working at Ingrado. Director, strategic policy maker and other policymakers. The support staff are employed daily at the Rotterdam office. The policy-makers, as well as the director-manager, travel in to the regions to have discussions with the regional municipalities our members and chain partners on the current situation and arising questions in the region concerning what is happening and on work with members for the right to development for every young person.
Success factors and processes
ngrado wants to strengthen the professionals in the field, and its activities are therefore aimed at: supporting the duties officer and RMC employee, managers and coordinators so that they can fulfil their role in the municipality.
supporting building an organisation of policy makers with a staff team for HR and Quality at the Ingrado office
Who were involved in solving the problem carrying out the solution?
The bureau has built a professional organisation so national and regional activities of high quality can be organised
sharing knowledge and experiences as well as connecting of policymakers, professionals, coaches, attendance officers for education
On January 24, 2011, the survey on students who not been in school for 6 months of Ingrado was published. A staying at home student or qualifying pupil is someone who is absent from school for more than four weeks without the requirement for an exemption from compulsory education.
A group of approximately 2,500 young people is absent from school for more than one month without permission. It is about one student staying at home per 6,000 inhabitants or one per 1,000 students. The students staying at home do not follow education for an average of 6 months. This is evidenced by research carried out in recent years.
Ingrado has now conducted research into the factors that affect this failure, especially its duration. In particular, it looked at factors that the compulsory school officials could do. The study of dossiers of 110 students staying at home in different municipalities has delivered a wealth of material. Full report in Dutch can be downloaded from the website.
The Netherlands is divided into 39 RMC regions which form six rayons. Through the rayons, Ingrado wants to intensify contact with the members. The RCP (regional contact persons play an important role and they establish the connection between cases in the region and trends at the national level. They are also a sounding board for specific questions about compulsory education and RMC.
3 times per year an online magazine is being published via https://www.ingrado.nl/actueel/ingradomagazine/
Every two weeks a newsletter is being published and is available for everyone if you register via https://www.ingrado.nl/actueel/nieuwsbrief/
Impact of measures taken
- Good practices are being shared
Ingrado wants to provide a platform for knowledge sharing in addition to a knowledge base for compulsory education and RMC. That is why we share good practices: examples that have proven their added value in a municipality or region.
Ingrado provides compulsory education manuals for primary, secondary and vocational studies for the region based on national policies.
a platform for sharing knowledge and experiences is being made available for discussions via the website.
Read full descriptionClose full description